These cupcakes are super easy to make and you can have a lot of fun using fondant icing to create decorations for the top. Simply knead in a little bit of food colouring to your fondant and let your imagination run wild!
- Preheat oven to 180c. Place 12 muffin cases into your muffin tin.
- Tip sugar, honey and oil into bowl. Beat well with a balloon whisk. Add eggs, one at a time, beating between additions.
- Sift in flour and baking powder. Add cinnamon, salt, lemon rind and juice, carrots and fruit/nuts. Fold lightly together. Tip mix into cases (using a jug if easier) making sure they are 2/3rds full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a skewer comes out clean. Remove and cool completely.
- In the meantime make your decorations using fondant icing and prepare your topping by beating together the butter, sifted icing sugar, lemon juice and colouring.
- Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, pipe on the topping and decorate with your fondant figures.