Gorgeously soft and juicy fruit starts to caramelise in the cinnamon heat. Grill inside or on the barbecue
- If using wooden skewers, lay one for each person eating, into a dish or cold water. Soak for 20 minutes. They stops them burning later.
- Peel the banana. Cut into 5 cm lengths. Turn the pieces in lemon juice to stop them browning.
- Cut the stone fruit around their centres. Twist each half in opposite directions to separate them. Remove their stones. Tip the fruit into a bowl. Turn in the rum or fruit juice. Marinade for 20 minutes.
- Scatter the caster sugar and cinnamon across a large plate or greaseproof paper on a board. Mix it up.
- Pre-heat the grill to hot or have your barbecue ready. Line the grill pan with foil.
- Thread the fruit onto the skewers (soaked wooden or metal), mixing it up and leaving the berries whole. Roll the fruit lightly in the sugar mix.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes, turning. Cook until the fruit softens, just browning and holding its shape still.
- Transfer the skewers to plates. Drizzle any excess marinade. Sprinkle any extra sugar/cinnamon.
- Enjoy as they are or have it thick Greek yoghurt, honey and pistachios or vanilla or yoghurt ice-cream