I’ve eaten a lot of this in my time. And for good reason. Try it out. Easy, creamy, delicious.
- Use extra butter to grease a round 23cm/9in loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Tip biscuits into a freezer bag. Bash them to crumbs with a rolling pin.
- Melt butter in a small pan on low heat. Remove. Stir in the crumbs. Mix well. Tip them into the base of the tin. Press the mix down well and up to the edges for complete cover. Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes. Meantime, pre-heat the oven to 150C/300F/gas 2.
- For the filling: tip the cheese, sugar, beaten eggs, grated rind of half the lemon, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, sour cream and vanilla extract into a bowl. Stir and lightly beat everything together until the mix is smooth. Avoid over-beating as the introduction of air can cause cracking on the surface.
- Tip the mix onto the chilled base. Check that it’s even and use a spoon to ease it into any gaps.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Turn the heat off. Leave the cake to cool in the oven for 1 hour. Remove.
- Cool on a rack then chill for at least 2 hours (or overnight).
- Place the fruit around the edges of your cheesecake. If you’re feeling indulgent you can also add a layer of whipped cream. Serve for forks.