This little recipe is so simple, and has the added bonus that beetroot is a superfood.It’s packed with vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidents which will sort you out. Oh and it’s really cheap to make!
- Gently fry onion and garlic in melted butter or oil in a pan.
- When soft, not colored, add the potato. Continue to cook gently till softening.
- Add the chopped beetroot, ginger, orange, a little salt, and add water to cover. Boil. Reduce. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add sugar, seasoning and blend or blitz with a hand blender till smooth.
- Taste, adding a little juice or wine vinegar. Blitz and reheat.