The ultimate in chocolate treats. 3 layers of heaven: a crunchy Oreo base, gooey brownie, all topped with a rich, smooth chocolate ganache. I put this up there in my all time favourite chocolate desserts!
- Grease a 23cm springform tin and line the bottom.
- Whizz up the Oreos in a food processor until they are a fine crumb. Add the melted butter and whizz a few more times to combine. Press the crumb firmly and evenly into the cake tin. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 180c
- Melt the chocolate and the butter slowly over a pan of barely simmering water in a heatproof bowl, making sure that the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Put the brown sugar and eggs in a large bowl. Whisk together until thick and creamy (around 5 minutes). Fold in the chocolate mix, golden syrup and cream with a metal spoon.
- Pour the mix over the biscuit base and cook for 40-50 minutes until there is only just the very faintest of wobbles. If the top is browning too quickly cover with a piece of foil. Remove from the oven and allow to completely cool in the tin. It will sink and should form a ridge round the outside.
- Once completely cooled run a knife round the tin to loosen. Open and carefully remove from the base and paper. Place onto your serving dish.
- Make the topping by chopping the chocolate into very small pieces. Heat the cream in a pan but don’t let it simmer. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate, stir until smooth and completely combined. Allow the mix to cool slightly and thicken. Pour over the top of the brownie and smooth. Allow to cool completely and then keep in a cool place. Decorate however you desire- icing sugar, chocolate curls, etc.