Much as I love a classic apple or rhubarb or plum and almond crumble I enjoy this mango/banana combination. Oh, try the blueberry and strawberry from the Cookery Course too. Cracking!
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/gas 4. Very lightly grease a small shallow ovenproof dish with extra butter. Peel and slice the mango and banana, the former into large pieces. Arrange them across the dish, tucking the banana round the mango. Sprinkle lightly with sugar (don’t use much) and cinnamon.
- Crumble: sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Cut the butter into pieces. Tip them into the bowl.
- Rub the butter into the flour very lightly, using your fingertips until it is incorporated (resembles breadcrumbs). Mix the sugar in using a fork. Sprinkle the mix evenly over the fruit. Don’t press it down but cover the top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until lightly golden topped.
- Enjoy with warm vanilla custard or ice-cream