Carthy & Black Yorkshire Lemon Gin Liqueur Blueberry American Pancakes
Try something new this Pancake Day with these beautiful gin American pancakes!
- 200g self-raising four
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 25g melted salted butter
- 100ml milk
- 100ml Carthy & Black Yorkshire Lemon and Gin Cream Liqueur
- A splash of vegetable oil
- Extra butter for cooking
- A large handful of blueberries
- A splash of liqueur
- 200ml of crème fraiche
- Maple Syrup (optional)
- Bacon (optional)
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar in a large bowl. Create a deep well in the centre of the mix. Add in the eggs, milk, liqueur, melted butter and whisk with an electric beater or hand whisk until smooth. Pour into a jug and set aside.
- Add the blueberries, a splash of liqueur and creme fraiche to a large bowl, blend until smooth.
- Take a large frying pan and add a knob of butter and a small splash of vegetable oil. Heat over a medium heat until the butter starts to foam. Pour in some of the batter to form your pancakes, you can make them as small or large as you like. If your pan is large enough you can cook several at a time, make sure they don’t touch. Cook them for a few minutes until bubbles start to appear on the surface, flip and cook for another minute. Repeat.
- Stack your pancakes with layers of the blueberry mixture, or pour it over the top. Finish with a little crème fraiche and extra blueberries. They also work extremely well with bacon and maple syrup!