- Cut the chicken lengthways into thin slices. Transfer to a plate. Turn it in a few drops of oil, 1 clove crushed garlic, optional squeeze of lime/lemon and chopped coriander. Set aside. Wash hands well.
- Bring a pan of water to boil. Add noodles. Boil 2 minutes or till just tender. Drain. Set aside.
- Tip stock into a pan. Add half the ginger, sliced and 2 cloves garlic. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to minimum immediately. Simmer for 5-10 minutes to infuse flavours. Use time to wash and prep vegetables. Remove from heat.
- Brush a griddle or frying pan with oil. Put it on medium/high heat.
- Add chicken strips. Cook 2 minutes or so per side till golden outside and white all through (never pink). Test with a knife. Return to heat if needed. Set aside.
- Return stock to pan. Remove ginger. Add remaining ginger cut into matchsticks and the sliced garlic. Add mushrooms and green vegetables. Simmer for 3 minutes or until cooked but still textured.
- Put noodles into a bowl. Add stock and vegetables. Place chicken on top. Add coriander, spring onion, optional chilli. Add a drop of soy if you like or a drizzle sweet chilli sauce. Enjoy with green tea. Eat with chopsticks/spoon.