- Cover the base of a large pan (with a tightly fitting lid) with a thin slick of oil. Put it on to heat.
- Add a single layer of popping corn. Put the lid on. Begin to shuffle the pan backwards and forwards across the hob so the heat is evenly distributed and the corn moves. It will start to swell and pop.
- Hold the lid down and keep the pan moving so the corn doesn’t burn. Keep going for a few minutes or until you can see that most of the corn has popped. Remove. Check the popped corn for unpopped kernels and remove them so they don’t break teeth. Pour into bowls. Add your flavouring.
- For Salty/Sweet, sprinkle a little salt and sugar into the bowl, stir and taste as you go.
- For Cinnamon/Sweet, drizzle in a bit of warm melted butter, cinnamon and icing sugar to taste.
- For Sticky Toffee, tip the sugar, butter and syrup into a small pan. Heat on low, stirring. Increase the heat and boil for 1 – 2 minutes. Pour and stir into the popcorn with a metal spoon. Eat warm or cold!
- Tip into bowls, bags or cartons and get stuck in.