A classic cocktail party appetizer and crowd pleaser. You can cook the sausages the day before if you’re going to be short of time on the night.
- Take sausages out of the fridge and leave on the side for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200oC/400oF/gas 6.
- To turn the chipolatas into cocktail sausages, press the middles of each sausage, pushing the meat to either side. Twist the middles to form a new divide – make sure you twist the sausages all in the same direction going down the string.
- Pop the string of sausages into a roasting tin along with the oil. Cook for 15 mins. Take out and cut up the string of sausages so there are 24 separate ones.
- Turn oven down to 170oC/325oF/gas 3.
- Mix together mustard and honey. Pour into the roasting tin and toss sausages to coat.
- Shove sausages back into the oven for 5 minutes – keep an eye on them to make sure the honey doesn’t caramelize. Serve warm.