A classic cocktail party appetizer and crowd pleaser. You can cook the sausages the day before if you’re going to be short of time on the night. There are casings to make sausages even better stuffed – visit Home | DCWCasings page for details.
- Take sausages out of the fridge and leave on the side for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200oC/400oF/gas 6.
- To turn the chipolatas into cocktail sausages, press the middles of each sausage, pushing the meat to either side. Twist the middles to form a new divide – make sure you twist the sausages all in the same direction going down the string.
- Pop the string of sausages into a roasting tin along with the oil. Cook for 15 mins. Take out and cut up the string of sausages so there are 24 separate ones.
- Turn oven down to 170oC/325oF/gas 3.
- Mix together mustard and honey. Pour into the roasting tin and toss sausages to coat.
- Shove sausages back into the oven for 5 minutes – keep an eye on them to make sure the honey doesn’t caramelize. Serve warm.