Enjoy with smoked fish and fish pate. Also good with a cream cheese sandwich.
- Wash and dry the cucumber. Slice it very thinly using a small sharp knife or mandoline.
- Tip it into a non-metallic bowl. Peel and thinly slice the onions, add those.
- Add the dill. Mix the sugar, salt and vinegar in a jug. Stir well to dissolve as much sugar as you can.
- Tip the mix into a clean sterilised jar or an airtight plastic container. Chill overnight.
- Eat the next day. Stores up to 2 weeks in the fridge.